COLORS , FLAVORS and SMELLS IN THE SCENIC BAROQUE of SICILY
2 days to visit the south baroque Sicily and its' precious jewels
You will visit
a small charming village of Arabic origin: Marzamemi. one of the prettiest seaside fishing villages which until today has been keeping its original colors and shapes.
you can enjoy a delicious lunch of local fish in front of the sea
we will end up at the very southeast corner of Sicily, one of the outposts of Europe on the border with the Mediterranean and Africa: Portopalo di Capopassero .
you will be guided through an olfactory “Journey” made of unknown aromas and forgotten scents
You will discover the baroque jewels of Scicli and Modica
you will watch the “chocolatiers” at work.
What's included :
- 1 Overnight accommodation in a charming hotel 4*
- breakfast included
- Local taxes
- Fish lunch
- Olfactory visit and lunch
- Visit to a chocolate factory and taste
- Driver/guide or Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Licensed tourist local guide ( our drivers are not local guides. They are tour escort)
- Entrance fees to monuments
09am Meet our driver escort at your pick up selectionned location .
Departure to a small charming village of Arabic origin: Marzamemi. one of the prettiest seaside fishing villages which until today has been keeping its original colors and shapes. We will visit, and listen to a fascinating explanation: from the Phoenicians to the Greeks, the Romans and the Arabs, in Marzamemi fish processing is a tradition . A walk along the sea will lead us in a cute , little Taverna where you can enjoy a delicious lunch of local fish..
If we follow the road south we will end up at the very southeast corner of Sicily, one of the outposts of Europe on the border with the Mediterranean and Africa : Portopalo di Capopassero . Capo Passero, on Sicily’s southernmost tip, is one of those outposts of Europe on the border with the Mediterranean and Africa. Time has stood still in Portopalo, a village which still lives from fishing and agriculture.
Portopalo is a far off place both geographically and in terms of atmosphere and it is the ideal location to get back to Sicily as it once was, the real Sicily.
Continue to Ragusa or Modica . Check in at our 4* charming hotel. Dinner on your own and overnight.
Meet our driver escort . Set in rolling countryside among rocks and giant carob trees, we’ll discover Scicli , situated in the south eastern part of Sicily, closed to the Mediterranean sea and included in the World Heritage List. The extraordinary late baroque buildings makes this city unique in the Val di Noto
Our visit will be carried out in a nursery between Scicli and the sea , where we will be guided through an olfactory “Journey” made of unknown aromas and forgotten scents
An itinerary of sensuous experiences with instructions-for-use, recipes, and tastings-aperitifs in an event space created in one of the greenhouses. Lunch
Discover now the baroque jewels of Modica . The town has been declared World Heritage site by the UNESCO with its terraced narrow alleys and its successful integration into the wildly romantic landscape. Modica is an open air museum. Hard to describe, you have to be there! .
But Modica needs also to be smelled: when chocolatiers and cake's shops bake local specialties and when the flowering jasmine embraces you in the summer nights. Enjoy all this still made in the traditional way, that is based on Aztec methods and old recipes. For the real "chocoholic", it will be possible to watch the “chocolatiers” at work. End of our services
NB you can add other excursions from the list : like Syracusa and Noto or taormina or a transfer tour to the west Sicily
Departure Point :Airport or cityPlease advice your pick up informationsPick up from Catania, Syracusa or Taormina and surrounding
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is formal or smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate