Inca Bridge of Qeswachaka Private Service
The Tour to the Inca Bridge of Qeswachaka, will take you to know one of the places not so crowded or little known in the route of the south valley of Cusco, it’s on top of the Apurimac River which has a distance of 15 meters high. It belonged to the road network of the Qhapaq Ñan or Inca Trail, it is one of the Inca bridges that still maintains its authenticity intact since it is made of Puna straw or ichu. Around 1,000 residents of the nearby communities are responsible for rebuilding it annually in the month of June.
The meaning of the name derives from two Quechua meanings “Qeswa” = braid, “Chaka” = bridge; Come with us and discover the most amazing places by unconventional routes to the traditional and live a different experience.
What's included :
- Private Transportation.
- Private Tour Guide.
- Entry/Admission - Q’eswachaka Rope Bridge
What's excluded :
- Entrances Fee.
- Entrance fees
First, we will pick you up from your hotel in the morning to be in route, in the course, through the province of Acomayo we will stop and visit the different lagoons of Pomacanchi, Acopia, Asnaqocha and Pampamarca or Tungasuca. In these lagoons, they usually practice field activities such as fishing, totora hut camps, pedal boats; In the same way, you can observe different species of flora and fauna in each lagoon.
After the visit to the lagoons, we will go to the province of Canas. Finally, we will reach our main destination the Inca bridge Qeswachaka (3,700 masl / 12,139 feet) which is 33 meters long and 1.20 meter wide because each year is renewed by hand with the use of ichu by the inhabitants of the area, before carrying out the activity a payment ceremony is made to the Pachamama to get help and protection during processing.
We will pass by the hanging Inca bridge, which will require courage to do it, really in a very special experience that cannot be missed since it is one of the bridges that awaits its tradition from the time of the Incas to our days, you will get great pictures of the authentic and unique panorama. Once visited the place, we will finish our tour returning to Cusco and leave you at your respective hotel.
Minimum altitude: 3,600 masl / 11,811 ft.
Maximum altitude: 3,700 masl / 12,139 ft.
Places that are visited during Inca Bridge Qeswachaka:
• Pomacanchi lagoon
• Asnaqocha lagoon
• Pampamarca or Tungasuca lagoon
• Inca Bridge of Qeswachaka
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Q’eswachaka Rope Bridge, JG98+FCR, Quehue District 08280, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all passengers from Cusco City centre
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tourist ticket (not included in price).
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Camera and films.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Activities in each trip are monitored continuously, with particular emphasis on compliance with the rules of prevention, control, and response to any possible eventuality. Both the public and private sectors are implementing all the necessary biosecurity protocols for our visitors