Michelangelo's David Tour with Skip-the Line Tickets and Accademia Gallery Visit
Get picked up at your centrally-located Florence hotel by your guide and head for the Accademia Gallery, one of the city's top museums.
This is a private 2-hour, skip-the-line tour of the Accademia Gallery in Florence.
In the company of a very knowledgeable guide you will see Michelangelo’s famous masterpiece “David”. In addition to 'David,' the Accademia also has several unfinished Michelangelo sculptures, plus a collection that includes works by Botticelli, Paolo Uccello, Andrea del Sarto, and more. Your guide will explain the history and significance of this amazing statue.
What's included :
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only in the city center): you will meet the tour guide at the hotel
- Private Tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Professional art historian guide
- Entry/Admission - Galleria dell'Accademia
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Stop At: Galleria dell'Accademia, Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50122, Florence Italy
You will be collected from your centrally-located hotel by your guide and taken directly to the Accademia, one of Rome’s top museums. With pre-booked tickets you by-pass the waiting queues and head straight inside.
There are many wonderful treasures to be seen in the museum, the highlight being Michelangelo’s David. Located in the central gallery this colossal statue towers above you; take time to walk around it and view it from every perspective. It is a truly unique work of art; carved from a single block of Carrara marble it was sculpted when Michelangelo was in his early 20s. At 17 feet (5.17 metres) it is a representation of David, the biblical hero who slew the giant Goliath. Unveiled in 1504 this magnificent statue came to symbolize the defense of civil liberties embodied by the Florentine Republic.
Of the other treasures to be found in the Accademia there are a number of unfinished sculptures by Michelangelo as well as collections that include works by Botticelli, Paolo Uccello and Andrea del Sarto, to name a few.
Enjoy this tour of the Accademia and learn interesting facts and anecdotes from your expert guide who will make your visit to this wonderful museum both rewarding and memorable.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Piazza San Marco, Firenze FI, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Please leave your hotel name and address. If central located your guide will meet you there and you'll walk together towards the museum.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival