Olive oil and Mountains Route - Small group, oil tasting and lunch included
Become an expert in olive oil with this tour by visiting a centenarian olive plantation, there our guide will teach you how to harvest the olives and all the tools. Afterwards we will drive to an Andalusian country house (Cortijo) which has its own oil mill and you will taste its delicious and ecological olive oil. You will learn how they produce it and the most important facts about this golden liquid. Then we will have lunch in a local restaurant witn a stunning view to the Montes de Málaga. Finally we will make a visit to the small villages Alfarnate and Alfarnatejo, that are surrounded by mountains.
This day trip includes round-trip hotel transport from the coast between Nerja and Torre del Mar.
What's included :
- Pick-up/drop off on coast accommodations from Torre del Mar to Nerja (please ask for other pick-up/drop off points) in a Mercedes Vito van.
- Small group of minimum 2 people and a maximum of 8
- Official guide (which also will be your chauffeur) in English, German and/or Spanish.
- Visit to a centenarian olive plantation with demonstration of the olives' harvest
- Guided tour in an Andalusian country house with its own oil mill and olive oil tasting
- Lunch: 1 main dish + 1 drink per person (please let us know if you have any special request or allergies)
- Short guided visit in Alfarnate and Alfarnatejo
What's excluded :
- Any other expenses non-related to the activity
- Any other aspect not mentioned above
Stop At: Los Romanes, Los Romanes, Vinuela, Province of Malaga, Andalucia
Do you like olive oil and want to know more about it? This is a nice trip to do it and at the same time discover beautiful landscapes that contrast a lot with the ones on the coast. Spain is the biggest oil producer worldwide and Andalusia is the region known to have the biggest number of olive trees, so if you like olive oil and want to know a bit more about it, you came to the right place.
Our tour will start by visiting a centenarian olive plantation, where we will teach you about how to harvest the olives and the traditional tools used in this procedure, a unique experience!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Casabermeja, Casabermeja, Province of Malaga, Andalucia
We will drive you to an Andalusian country house which has its own oil mill, where you will learn about the process of oil production. This house also has an old stone olive mill from XVIII century and you will learn how olive oil was made in the past. Lastly you will enjoy an olive oil tasting to whet everyone ’s appetite before lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Alfarnate, Alfarnate, Province of Malaga, Andalucia
We will go deeper into Montes de Málaga (Malaga Mountains) and we will have lunch in the oldest inn in Andalusia and enjoy a typical plato de los montes (a typical dish of this area). This place is called el Museo del Bandolero (a bandit museum) and it is a special place with lots of history.
After lunch we will visit the villages of Alfarnate and Alfarnatejo, located in what is called los Pirineos de la Axarquía (the Pyrinees of the Axarquia). Both are beautiful villages in the middle of the mountains and surrounded by olive trees. This landscape is completely opposite of those we are used to in the coast.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please get in touch with us one day before of your tour in order to confirm you your exact pick uptime. We guarantee pick-up and drop-off service on the customers' accommodations from Nerja toTorre del Mar. Other pick-up points must be discussed.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Bring comfortable shoes
- If you get sick easily in cars, we recommend to bring with you some anti-sickness medication to prevent it
- Bring a water bottle along with you
- If you come in hot months make sure to use sun screen. Most of our trips outdoors, so it is very important to protect yourself from the sun.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms