Private Tour of the Vatican Sistine Chapel & St Peter with Skip-the-line Tickets
This is a private 3-hour tour with the services of your own local, expert guide. With skip-the-line access you visit the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Saint Peter’s Basilica amongst other famous sites. Your guide will recount the history of these amazing places and tell you stories about some of the many treasures to be found in the Vatican. The visit ends in Saint Peter's square where you'll see the Swiss Guards and the Pope's Palace.
What's included :
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Blue Badge guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Stanze di Raffaello
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Square
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You meet with your guide at the entrance to the Vatican museums and with skip-the-line access head straight inside to begin the tour with a visit to the Belvedere Courtyard, the Pio-Clementino Museum and the magnificent collection of Ancient Roman and Greek Statues.
You continue your tour with a visit to the Gallery of Tapestries followed by the Gallery of Maps, which houses one of the most significant displays of Renaissance Maps in the world. In the Sobiesky Room you will see on of the largest painting in the Vatican and in the room of the Immaculate Conception gaze upon its wonderful frescoes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stanze di Raffaello, Viale Vaticano, Vatican City Italy
It is certainly worth spending time in Raphael’s Rooms. Painted for Pope Julius II here are displayed some of the painters greatest works, the Parnassus and School of Athens.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Before entering the Sistine Chapel (no talking allowed inside) your guide will tell you about the wonderful frescoes by Michelangelo, Botticelli and other famous artists that you will see once inside. You will also hear interesting facts and anecdotes about this unique chapel that is still in use today as the setting for the conclave to elect new Popes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The tour continues to Saint Peter’s Basilica to see Michelangelo's Pietà and Bernini’s Baldacchino as well as other artworks celebrating the lives of Popes and Saints.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The tour will end in Saint Peter’s Square where you can see the Pope’s Palace and catch a glimpse of the colorful Swiss Guards.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- READ CAREFULLY: Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. This has already happened this year and can happen again during you Vatican tour: the Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival