Rainbow Mountain & Red Valley, Private Service.
Enjoy the natural colours of the rarely visited Rainbow Mountain, located in one of the mountain ranges of Peru that has the highest concentration of snow-capped peaks and near the highest peak in southern Peru, the Ausangate in the mountain ranges of Vilcanota. This creates beautiful high-Andean landscapes with extensive snow-capped mountains and beautiful lagoons.
What's included :
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Pickup and drop off from any hotel in Cusco
- All transportation.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Freshly prepared, hot lunch.
- Trekking poles
- Entry/Admission - Agencia Vinicunca, Montaña Arcoiris
What's excluded :
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for your crew
- Entrance fees
Stop At: Agencia Vinicunca, Montaña Arcoiris, 08002, Urb Mateo Pumacahua 542 Wanchaq, Interior Oficina A2, Cusco 08002, Peru
You will need to wake up early to enjoy this natural marvel at its best. Between 3:45 am and 4:15 am, we’ll pick you up directly from your hotel to start our ride to the south of Cusco through beautiful landscapes of valleys and agricultural communities. First we will drive for around 2 hours to to the town of Cusipata (3,329m / 12,772 ft.).
After breakfast in Chillihuani we will continue our trip by van, following a beautiful way between the mountains, accompanied by our first views of Ausangate, highest peak of Cusco. Along the way we will pass through herds of hundreds of alpacas and llamas and the occasional shepherd or local people moving about their daily activities.
Our ascent will begin in Phuluwasipata and last about 2 hours, bringing us to our final destination and highest point on our Rainbow Mountain trek (or Vinicunca trek), at 5,020 mts / 16,470 ft. Here we will stop to admire and appreciate the outstanding views in all directions and the rare geological formations that appear to be painted with exotic colors by Gods hand. Far below and into the distance are infinite valleys and glaciers as far as one can see. We will stop for about 30 minutes – the perfect amount of time to rest, to have a snack, and immerse yourself in this wild environment. Then, we start to go back by a different way, the “Red Valley”, we call it likethat for the red color of the mountain soil, they look pretty nice and you will find only a few people, this is a totally different experience. After we must begin our descent, roughly an hour and a half hours towards the point where we started the day’s hike in Phuluwasipata, there our transport will be waiting to take us to restaurant in Chillihuani where we enjoy an energizing lunch. We will have time after lunch to visit some of the local households and observe the lifestyle and customs that are still being practiced today since Inca times. Here the native language of Quechua is spoken very well and agriculture is essential for life.
At the end of the day our tour will conclude with an opportunity to meet with local people from the community before making our journey back to Cusco in our private van. We will leave you back at your hotel around 4:30 p.m to 5:30 p.m.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Around City Centre.
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The activities of each trip are monitored continuously, with particular emphasis on compliance with the rules of prevention, control, and response to any possible eventuality. Both the public and private sectors are implementing all the necessary biosecurity protocols for our visitors